achieving our potential?
May 9 to 14, with workshops from April 30
C2021 Virtual Code of Conduct
C2021 is committed to creating a virtual space that is safe and welcoming, and which values the diverse perspectives and experiences of all attendees. All virtual conference delegates are expected to uphold CES’ values of equity, diversity and inclusion through their online engagements and abide by the C2021 Virtual Code of Conduct which promotes a discrimination- and harassment-free space through:
- Ensuring that all communication reflects principles of inclusion, equity and respect particularly but not limited to gender, sexuality, ability, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic position, status, religion, age, geographic location, and physical appearance.
- Engaging with others collegially and in ways that actualize goals of professional educational exchange.
- Ensuring that engagements with others are professional and consensual at all times.
- Taking care to ensure that levels of intimacy – verbally and in textual form – are appropriate, welcomed, and consensual.
- Respecting people’s wishes to cease engagement and contact.
- Making space for speakers to be fully heard, and taking care to minimize disruptions by using the chat box and microphone to contribute positively when invited to do so.
- Promoting a virtual space of safety that welcomes the exchange of different and sometimes competing ideas in a community that values a diversity of perspectives.
- Downloading only documents made available by presenters for this purpose and sharing according to the wishes of presenters while crediting the authors appropriately.
In 2020, the CES worked with EDI experts to develop a self-study course available to CES members, Foundations for Creating Cultures of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, to support evaluators and leaders wishing to integrate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in their practice and organizations and we encourage you to access the course to help prepare you to engage in C2021 in a fruitful and culturally safe way.
Harassing and discriminatory behaviours will not be tolerated. Event organizers reserve the right to take any necessary actions, including the immediate removal from the conference without refund, in response to any unacceptable behaviour.
Additional information will be forthcoming on what to do if a delegate believes the C2021 Virtual Conference Code of Conduct has not been respected.